DroneBlocks app and GoGuardian.com

Hello,
We have an issue and are looking for help.
Students were using the free version of the app on their Chromebooks. As they create a DroneBlocks account, the browser tab that opens is not visible to our GoGuardinan.com network filtering and student management software. This creates a hole that students can exploit to use their Chromebook without GoGuardians safety monitoring features. As a result, our technology director has blocked the use of the app.

Has anyone experienced this?

I would like to purchase the DronBlocks software and lessons for our STEM program but I have been denied by our Tech Director until this can be resolved.

Any Ideas?

We had a similar issue reported in the past. It is not a direct issue with DroneBlocks but with the Google Authentication API. We do however have a method you can deploy via Google Admin to prevent students from accessing this workaround. If you block this URL at the device level “google.com/gmail/about” the students will no longer be able to bypass the filter, note this should not block Gmail access.

Thanks
Ryan

Ryan,
Thank you for the feedback. We are going to give it a try.
Rob

Ryan,
Here is what I received from my Technology Director when I pitched your solution.
“Hi Rob,
Blocking any portion of Google’s website or legitimate service is not an acceptable solution. Droneblocks would need to apply a fix or design/functionality change on their end or Google would (have) to address it on theirs.”

Your thoughts?
Rob