Access Databot wifi from code (Arduino driver)

I’m doing some tests with the Arduino library for Databot,

I wonder if it’s possible to send data using the Databot wifi card to a remote server, with http client or amqp protocols, and if there are examples of code.

I didn’t find it in the examples of code.

Thanks in advance

We have no experience with that data system, but we are experimenting using sensors with the HC 05 module to send EKG data to the Arduino Uno R3 serial monitor and plotter. Seems to work easley, Good luck

Yes, the databot has an ESP32 as a master controller, so you can easily connect it to the internet via WiFi for sending sensor data via the HTTP GET-POST method.

At present we don’t have any examples for using the HTTP method but it’s very commonly used with ESP32 you will get a ton of ready-to-use example codes/tutorials.

In case you are still stuck let me know details of your Server details and HTTP request details will make an example for that.

And regarding amqp protocols, I have never used sounds good will do some search on that as well.

Thank You

Hi, I’d program it with serial communication to read the sensor values from another device.

I’m trying to load code to the Databot with Arduino IDE for first time, I got the next error:

avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x2a
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x2a
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x2a
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x2a
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x2a
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x2a
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x2a
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x2a
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x2a
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x2a
Failed uploading: uploading error: exit status 1

I installed the CH341SER.EXE from the following url:
*CH341SER.EXE - NanjingQinhengMicroelectronics

Also the “CP210x_Windows_Drivers” mentioned in the page (databot™ Basic Training - Arduino IDE - databot™)

I’m choosing the port and also the “Arduino Uno” board.

I wonder if there is something else I need to install to program a databot with the Arduino IDE.

Thanks in advance

@Dharmik @Robert_Grover can you please assist?

Hi Ariel,

There are two sets of instructions, one for databot version 1.0 (a cube shaped device) and databot 2.0, a lower profile device. Version 1.0 is the Uno version and Version 2.0 is an ESP32. I believe you have version 2.0 - as it is small enough for the Tello.

This set of instructions will set you up for coding in the IDE. The board will be an ESP32 and the drivers will be the CH341 set you have already installed. Follow these instructions very carefully and please let me know if you have further problems.