Best Method to Program Go1 EDU to do Additional Flips

Hi, we just got the Go1 into Sport Mode by renaming the back flip .dat file on the pi and used the L1+Y command on the controller so the dog would do the back flip. So cool! Now I would like my students to figure out how to have the dog do a front flip (maybe from a height). What method do you suggest? Is the blocky code capable of that or should they make a Python file using high/low level motor control commands? Any suggestions would be super helpful. Thanks!

Unfortunately, I do not have an answer to your question; but the backflip is something I’ve been working to achieve for sometime now. I was hoping you could give me some guidance on how you did it.

I tried finding the backflip.dat file you mentioned on the pi but had no luck, would you be able to explain what you did to get the Go1 to backflip?

Thanks!

It’s in the Unitree folder on the pi. ssh into the pi and then here is what I did:

pi@raspberrypi:~/ $ mv ~/Unitree/autostart/sportMode/path_files/bk_offline_backflip_new_v12.dat ~/Unitree/autostart/sportMode/path_files/offline_backflip_new_v12.dat
pi@raspberrypi:~/ $ sudo reboot

Then after reboot press “L1 + Y” on the controller.

2 Likes