Hello from Cape Town, South Africa

Hello everyone!

I am from Cape Town, South Africa. I work for Inspire Africa. I have been flying, building and programming drones since 2015. I fly racing drones for fun, and commercial drones for a living. We at Inspire Africa are training South African school teachers to use DroneBlocks in the classroom, and we’ve had amazing feedback from the educators!

Matthew Brooks

2 Likes

Matt, thanks for joining the community. Am curious what is your go to racing drone? I do bunch of FPV freestyle with 5" rotors. I just got a couple of Beta95x drones to fly around the backyard. I’m quite impressed with their performance for such a small airframe.

Hi Dennis. Currently we are using the Beta75X in our micro league, and they rock in a small area. My personal drone is a Ummagawd remix frame, 6S setup. Mainly use 5S though.

Nice. One of my first BetaFPV drones was the 65 series and I couldn’t believe that I could fly FPV with such a tiny frame. It would be amazing if they could do position hold and were programmable. We’d love to get DroneBlocks compatible with them.