Problem with lesson 2 Advanced Tello Programming with Python 3, OpenCV, and ArUco Markers - Course 2/3

Hello everyone, I have managed to complete Advanced Tello Programming with Python 3, OpenCV, and ArUco Markers - Course 1/3 without problems however in lesson 2 of Advanced Tello Programming with Python 3, OpenCV, and ArUco Markers - Course 2/3 , where point and click flying is done, I got the following error:

INFO] tello.py - 107 - Tello instance was initialized. Host: ‘192.168.10.1’. Port: ‘8889’.
2021-06-30 15:34:30,113 INFO Tello instance was initialized. Host: ‘192.168.10.1’. Port: ‘8889’.
[INFO] tello.py - 422 - Send command: ‘command’
2021-06-30 15:34:30,127 INFO Send command: ‘command’
[INFO] tello.py - 446 - Response command: ‘ok’
2021-06-30 15:34:30,237 INFO Response command: ‘ok’
2021-06-30 15:34:30,242 ERROR Exiting Tello Process with exception: No module named ‘scipy’
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “tello_script_runner.py”, line 259, in process_tello_video_feed
handler_module = importlib.import_module(handler_file)
File “C:\Users\juang\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\lib\importlib_init_.py”, line 127, in import_module
return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
File “”, line 1006, in _gcd_import
File “”, line 983, in _find_and_load
File “”, line 967, in _find_and_load_unlocked
File “”, line 677, in _load_unlocked
File “”, line 728, in exec_module
File “”, line 219, in _call_with_frames_removed
File “C:\Users\juang\Documents\GitHub\tello-adv-aruco\point-n-click-flying.py”, line 3, in
from droneblocksutils.aruco_utils import detect_distance_from_image_center, draw_center_point
File “C:\Users\juang\Documents\GitHub\tello-adv-aruco\droneblocksutils\aruco_utils.py”, line 4, in
from imutils.perspective import order_points
File “C:\Users\juang\Documents\GitHub\tello-adv-setup\GAV\lib\site-packages\imutils\perspective.py”, line 5, in
from scipy.spatial import distance as dist
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘scipy’
[INFO] tello.py - 455 - Send command (no response expected): ‘rc 0 0 0 0’
2021-06-30 15:34:30,246 INFO Send command (no response expected): ‘rc 0 0 0 0’

I would appreciate if anyone knows how I can solve it

thank you very much to all

already achieved

anyway thank you very much

Glad to hear that. Please let us know if you run into any other problems.

Hi @juanga

I am Pat Ryan - the instructor for this course.
If you run into any issues with the Advanced Tello Programming courses, feel free to ‘@pat.ryan’ me in your question or issue. This way I will get a direct notification and I look at the issue right away.

Thanks
Pat

hi @pat.ryan thank you very much for your help, I would like to ask you a question that perhaps in another course or later explain it but for what I am working now I require it, how can I obtain the information of the sensors of the tello, the height, phi, roll and yaw, and the flight time, if possible in a single command better thank you

Hi @juanga

This is a great question. We are working on a course that will be a deep dive into the DJITelloPy API and how we can use that API directly from Python.

The DJITelloPy API that we use in the course is open source and you can find that on GitHub for the user name - ‘damiafuentes’

I encourage to take a look at all of the APIs available.

To answer your question directly there is a specific API to return the entire state of the Tello Drone.

That method is:

get_current_state()

This call will return a Python dictionary that looks like the following:

{‘pitch’: 0, ‘roll’: 0, ‘yaw’: 29, ‘vgx’: 0, ‘vgy’: 0, ‘vgz’: 0, ‘templ’: 76, ‘temph’: 78, ‘tof’: 72, ‘h’: -10, ‘bat’: 67, ‘baro’: 235.23, ‘time’: 38, ‘agx’: -22.0, ‘agy’: -15.0, ‘agz’: -1059.0}

Some of the keys ( e.g. vgx, tof, agy) might not be very clear but you can find more information on those from the Tello SDK Documentation.

I have created a

Github Gist with a sample script

that you can run that will show this method call in action.

Thank you for your question and I hope that helps.

Pat

Thank you @pat.ryan, that was exactly what I needed, thank you very much for your help

1 Like

hello,i have also meet this problem :
[INFO] tello.py - 470 - Send command (no response expected): ‘rc 0 3 0 0’
[INFO] tello.py - 470 - Send command (no response expected): ‘rc 1 4 0 0’

I would appreciate if you tell me how to solve it!

Those values are pretty low so maybe Tello isn’t moving. The scale is between -100 and 100. Where are these ranges coming from? Can you point me to the code?