Abort Mission because old Python program is in Tello drone

Please tell me how to remove the old program from my Tello drone?

I have written a Python program and have loaded it on my Tello drone.

I run the Tello by using my Personal Computer to watch the Tello drone fly.

I now want to use the DroneBlocks on my Samsung Note 9 cell phone.

When I run the DroneBlocks program on my cell phone, then the old

Python program that is in the Tello drone runs because it is in my Tello drone.

The message on DroneBlocks displays says that it will Abort Mission.

Is there a way that I can reset the Tello back to its original setting.

Can I press the power on button for a given amount of time?

What can I do to cause the Abort Mission to be removed from the

DroneBlocks screen?

Please tell me how to remove the old program from my Tello drone?

Thanks,

Austin

Hi Austin,

The Python code is never loaded onto the drone. It is run on your computer and then commands are sent over the wireless network. Can you share the code you’re using and I’ll see if we can help out?

Hi Dennis,

When I use my Samsung Note 9 cell phone to use the Tello application or to use the DroneBlocks application, then these two application ask me to connect to the Tello. When I connect to the Tello, then a small picture shows up on the screen of the cell phone.

My Samsung Note 9 has a two and three quarter inch width and a six and a quarter inch height for the size of the screen. When the picture occurs, then its size is three and three quarter by three and one half inches (3 and 3 quarter inches by 3 and 1 quarter inches) on the Tello control screen. However, if I use the DroneBlocks and connect to Tello, then the picture size is one and three quarter inches by one and one quarter inches (1 and 3 quarter inches by 1 and 1 quarter inches). Please notice the smaller size of the picture on DroneBlocks, if you divided the height by width then you get a value of ‘1.4’. My computer program reduces the size of the picture to 240 pixels by 360 pixels so the height by width is ‘1.5’ and this makes me wonder if the picture was generated by my computer program.

When I move the Tello around, then it displayes the images as they change. If I am in DroneBlocks and make the Tello fly in the air, then the picture continues to change as the Tello moves.

Here is an example of my Python program that uses OpenCV. Please note that I have inserted print number statements in the code so that you can see what is happening. The program runs and then it takes a picture and writes the picture to the files. The picture is shown to me for 5 seconds, if I press the Escape key or the q key, then it will stop running.
If I do not press a key, then the program will takeoff and land.

This is the program:

Hi Austin, do you have a screen shot that we can review? Also, you mentioned your program but it doesn’t look like it came through. Let us know and hopefully we can help you get this resolved.

Hello Dennis,
Thank you for your response.
I told Patrick of RYZE TECHNICAL SUPPORT, that the problem is with the Tello drone and it was not because of DroneBlocks.
Would you please help me understand what he means with his response, his response is:

We have browsed your previous statements and as I have told you before, python program will not cover drone’s filght logic control., the two are independent of each other. So if it is controlled on a mobile phone, it is recommended to use edu app. If it is controlled on a computer, it is recommended to use python. Do not run the droneblocks and desktop version of the mobile app on the computer because it is not optimized.

I have the white Tello and I have written 20 python programs for it to fly and take pictures. Is he saying that the Tello drone does not have the flight logic control. If it is controlled on a mobile phone, then I need to use edu app. It appears to me that the use edu app is for the Tello Edu drone that uses the SDK 2.0 information. I can fly my white Tello with the T1d controller with no problems.
I always use my personal computer to run python programs.
I do not know what he means by his last statement.

Dennis, when I connect the Tello to my cell phone, then I get the live picture of what Tello drone sees.
When I load the Tello program on the cell phone and connect Tello, then I get the picture that shows what the Tello is looking at.

When I load the DroneBlocks program on the cell phone and connect Tello, then I get the picture that shows what the Tello is looking at.

Dennis, I found a DroneBlocks program that runs on my Windows 10 computer. When I connect to the Tello drone, then I get the picture on my computer. The picture is black. I think that is black because the system is running in android mode by Bluestacks. The size of the picture is the 240 by 360 pixels as it is shown my python program.

The must be something in my Tello drone that is causing this problem.

I appreciate your time being spent on this project.

Thank you,
Austin Sauls
470-223-9077

Dennis,
Here are some pictures using the Tello application.
First picture is Tello asking for a connections, the next two are photos as I moved the Tello.
Thanks,
Austin Sauls
470-223-9077

image.png

image.png

image.png

Dennis,
Here are some pictures using the DroneBlocks application.
First picture is Tello asking for a connections, the next two are photos as I moved the Tello.
Notice that I can move the picture and take different shots.
Your program still works, but it has the picture on the screen.
Thanks,
Austin Sauls
470-223-9077

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Hi Austin, these pictures really help. The video feed within DroneBlocks is a new feature we added in the latest release. This does not come from the Tello app and we do not recommend running the Tello app while DroneBlocks is connected. Do you not want the video feed to display within the DroneBlocks app?