Grid window does not show?

Grid/Simulation window does not show for one of my students. I can see the code window on his screen, and he can drag codeblocks out to the area, but when he clicks on “Launch” from pull-down menu, nothing happens. The code window takes up the whole screen, and the green toolbar is not visible either. He is logged in and can save missions, but cannot view the drone executing the code. Any suggestions? He is not on an Apple device, or handheld.

What browser is your student in? Can you share a screenshot and we’ll take a look?

Hi Dennis,
Here’s the screenshot of the issue. He is using Chrome on a PC and also tried it on a Chromebook. I also had him delete the cookies and reload, but to no avail. Hope you can help. He has a really high screen resolution, which we also tried reducing without success.
Thanks,
–Steve

Hi Dennis,
I was right, it was the cookies. He didn’t have all of the browser tabs closed when he deleted them the first time. So difficult when you are trying to fix something remotely. All is well now.
Thanks,
–Steve

Glad to hear you got it fixed, Steve! Thanks for sharing this update and we’ll work on trying to address this issue in the future. There are way to invalidate the cache when we deploy new code, but not 100% sure how we can achieve it at this point.

Hi,
I was wondering if it were possible to turn off the “share” capability in the Drone program menu? Possibly have an “Administrator” level to control that? I give program assignments to the students and obviously don’t want them giving each other the program.
Thanks,
–Steve

NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachment(s), is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message

Steve, thanks for the question. I’m not sure how we’d do this without a significant amount of work, but happy to explore the idea with our team. Can you let me know if you’re talking about DroneBlocks for mobile, Chrome, or the simulator version?