DroneBlocks App Crashes on "Launch" - iPad (Air 3)

Hello:

I have an issue using DroneBlocks with my iPad Air 3 (iPadOS 14.4.2). Until today the app worked as expected. Today, I was using the app successfully for about 10 minutes, then it started to close each time I attempted to launch a mission. I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the app and the same thing happened: when I tapped “Launch Mission” the app closed. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I wonder if it’s something with your mission code. Are you seeing telemetry and the video feed before you launch the mission? Let us know and we’ll help you get to the bottom of this!

Hello:

Yes, I see both telemetry data and the video feed before launching the mission. Below is a screenshot of what I see on the DB’s app:

Okay let’s try something here. I’ve seen some rare occurrences where there is a block hidden somewhere on the canvas and it’s not attached to the current mission. Try clicking on the hamburger icon (three blue lines) and selecting “New Mission”. Add the takeoff and land blocks. Does that help?

I tried your suggestion without success using my iPad Air (3rd generation):
“Try clicking on the hamburger icon (three blue lines) and selecting
“New Mission”. Add the takeoff and land blocks”

Additionally, I tried the DB app using my iPad (5th generation) and it worked fine.

Yikes! I can’t seem to make sense of this. Is there any change you can share a screen recording so we can observe the behavior? Maybe that will trigger something. This is really strange and we’d like to get to the bottom of it…as I’m sure you would to!

Thanks for sending us the video. I just updated my iPad Mini to iPad OS 14.4.2 and ran a few missions. I wonder if there’s something going on specific to iPad Air. We are still looking into it and will report back asap.

One question that was asked by one of the engineers is if you are running into problems with Tello or Tello EDU?